Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Diamonds are Forever?

Little Jewel 67
10" x 12"
sold

Over the years, I've created numerous miniature paintings.  Often as a reprieve between my larger canvases.

Early in my career, one of my patrons had acquired a few and described them as "Little Jewels."  I have always titled my paintings, but would mention if they would like to change a title, the painting is theirs, I'm surely fine with that. Patrons would share that my words reflected the paintings well, and the titles would remain.

I did feel the description this particular patron gave their collection of my miniatures heartfelt.  After that, I've titled all my 5" x 7" miniatures the same, and numbered them in order of completion. Currently, this is the latest "Little Jewel" available in the series.

http://www.christinenauman.com